Thursday, November 20, 2008

Edible Schoolyard and A Night in the Global Village

My favorite of the two was A Night in the Global Village. My learning style is Kinesthetic, which is a lot like hands on. I just learn easier by hands on activities. The Global Village gave students the opportunity to visit different villages from all over the world and trade and communicate with each other. This is something I would definitely use in my classroom. I see this as an easy and fun way of learning. This is something the students can enjoy and remember for a very long time.

I also enjoyed the Edible Schoolyard. This is also something I would consider using in my classroom. Who would have thought you could find stuff like this on the internet. I think it is neat that the students not only got to plant their garden but also eat it. This is teaching math, science, and agriculture.

These are both great ideas to help students learn not only by the book. It give the students a chance to see what the "real world" is all about. Teachers should also be thinking of new and adventures ways to teach their students.

No comments: