Thursday, November 20, 2008

Randy Pausch "The Last Lecture"

This video was amazing. I really enjoyed listening to Randy Pausch give his last lecture. He talked about so many different things I don't really know where to start. I guess I will start with his dreams. I have never written down any dreams for myself. I pretty much live life one day at a time. I am very spontaneous I like to do things at the last minute. I am also very indecisive. Therefore, I never felt in necessary to make a list of dreams for myself. Of course I have the dreams of having a family and graduating but nothing other than that. Hearing him talk about his dreams and accomplishing all of them in a sense made me wonder why I never made dreams for myself.
I will say that when I become a teacher I will encourage all my students to set goals and dreams for themselves.

Another thing I like about his lecture was the head smart stuff. I did not really "get it" until the very end of the lecture when he talked about how this lecture was not for the audience but for his kids. I started thinking back on everything he had said and talked about and it clicked....It really was for his kids but we can learn so much from it as well.

It was amazing to see this guy, knowing he is dying, in front of all these people instead of at home spending his last days with his family. He really left a legacy. He did not care about his health he wanted to do something that his family and friends and future generations could learn from and grow with. This is why I was so amazed. He is an example that many of kids, students, teachers, administrators and so many others will remember and try to live a lot alike

No comments: